BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BoD)
Welcome to the INCOSE Chesapeake Chapter elections for the 2014 Board of Directors. The election process is an important part of getting the most value from your INCOSE membership.
Running for office is simple. If you are a member in good standing, you can file for any of the open positions. This year the three open positions are:
- Director of Membership
Below is a list of primary roles and responsibilities for each position. While this list was taken from the INCOSE Chesapeake Chapter 2013 OpsPlan all prospective candidates should consult the document for additional details and context.
- Update, maintain, and interpret the Chapter Operating Plan and the Strategic Plan.
- Is the point-of-contact for revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Coordinates with the Programs Committee Chairman and Past President to insure schedules and program objectives are met.
- Preside at CC and BOD Meetings when President is not present.
- Work with the Membership Committee Chairman on membership drives and organizational outreach.
- Provide liaison with the INCOSE Foundation and lead the annual scholarship program for the Chapter.
- Support the success of the newsletter by providing articles or column reports.
- Prepare minutes of all 2012 Board of Directors meetings and distribute to CC members via email at least two working days before the next month’s board meeting.
- Prepare final summary report (Annual Report) of 2012 Chapter activities
- Maintain chapter records to include all meeting minutes, records of attendance, performance metrics, financial records and any other items assigned by the BOD.
- Organize and display the records in a suitable format in a manner approved by the BOD.
- Send list of Chapter officers to the INCOSE INTERNATIONAL Business Committee
- Maintain and ensure access to Chapter history documents for the BOD and Chapter membership.
- Alert the BOD of approaching deadlines for all administrative actions and reports
- Support the success of the newsletter by providing at least four articles, column or book reports.
Director of Membership
- Supervise and carry out all formal efforts to increase the membership of the Chapter.
- Provide membership records data access to the BOD and committees.
- Notify the board of any member deserving special recognition for accomplishments relating to membership or in the practice of systems engineering.
- Assist the President in presenting individual awards at chapter meetings and events.
- Review the draft Chapter Operating Plan in January and February.
- Collaborate with the Communications Chair to prepare a member recruitment package for new members.
- Collaborate with presidents to solicit corporate, government, and academic sponsors to support CC membership expansion.
- With the assistance of the Communications Director, conduct membership surveys to solicit opinions on chapter issues, goals, and recommendations.
- Maintain a Membership Committee document trail to insure continuity and historical record of the membership activities complete with metrics to show the relative effectiveness of each activity attempted.
- Prepare a Membership Committee process and guide for use by subsequent Membership Committee Chairs.
If you are considering running for office, we encourage you to meet with a current sitting BoD member to further discuss the position that you are pursuing.
To enter your candidacy simply send an email to Donald.York@INCOSE.org by COB 14 October 2013.
- A bio and position/vision statement
- A high quality, 2” head shot
|14 October 2013||Candidate slate CLOSED;|
|16 October 2013||Slate presented to chapter at Member Meeting|
|18 October 2013||Ballots sent to membership via email|
|01 November 2013||Ballot Submission Deadline|
|13 November 2013||New officers and director announced|
|16 January 2014||New officers and director sworn in and installed|
Apart from being a member of the Board of Directors for the Chesapeake Chapter, there are various other avenues for members to become involved. INCOSE Chesapeake members can attend any board meeting or get involved in any of the committees. Additionally, the chapter is always in need of volunteers to assist with various activies. Especially in the areas of Chapter Outreach, SE focused initiatives, and Technical SE Working Groups.
Dr. Donald York
Chair, Elections Committee